martes, 14 de febrero de 2023

Research!

Research of Genre

Alright, to begin with, in my planning period for my action movie opening, I need to further understand the genre and its components. Through my research, I encountered a website called Film Bug which helped me a lot with my understanding.

Action movies are a type of movie where action scenes, including fights, stunts, vehicle chases, or explosions, are prioritized over other things like characters or intricate plots.

This type of movie became popular in the 1980s after the release of many well-known movies with memorable protagonists carried out by iconic actors like Tom Cruise, Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, and many more. Action movies are frequently pricey since they call for expensive stunt labor and special effects along with the casting of known actors. This genre is often referred to as the "Hollywood Genre" due to its big influence on it. The action genre has many roots, having connections to Asian cinema due to its martial arts and implementation in movies. Current trends in the action film genre often include more development put towards more elaborate fight scenes. The enormous popularity of Hong Kong action movies in both Asia and the west has an impact on this tendency. Asian martial arts styles like kung-fu and karate are now frequently used in non-Asian action movies. Now, although modern action movies use parts of both, a distinction can be drawn between movies that lean toward physical, nimble fighting and those that tend toward other typical action film cliches, including explosions and lots of gunfire.

There are numerous sub-categories to the action genre.

  • Action Drama: Combines dramatic topics, character insight, and/or emotional power with action set pieces.


  • Action Comedy: Action and comic genres combined, typically featuring mismatched pairings.


  • Buddy Cop: The main characters are a pair of mismatched cops who team up against a challenging opponent.



There are many other sub-categories with action. I think that the one that will be perfect for my opening is the buddy cop genre or something around that subtopic. I think I'll be aiming for the police type of movie. I'm 100% sure that this research will help me a lot when developing my story and opening.






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Film Opening!

 FINISHED It is done. After all this time and effort, I finished my film opening "Blood Money". I'm really proud of myself. I ...